Tree Stand Safety Is The Most Important Hunting Consideration
The anticipation and excitement that was long awaited with the coming of deer season is now here! Bow hunters antsy from weeks worth of trail camera intel are finally ready to take a swing at their hit list bucks. In doing this, the excitement and anticipation can turn deadly as hunters take their first steps up a tree. The single most important piece of hunting equipment they forget or use improperly is tree stand safety equipment.
This is one more reminder to all hunters, wear your tree stand safety gear and get home safe!
Muddy Safe-Line Review | Muddy Safety Harnesses and Systems
Whitetail explains why he employs a Muddy Safe-Line in every single tree. “they have been a staple for us for several years now, safety is something you never want to take a chance with”. Aaron explains that the Muddy Safeline is probably the best all around hunting product the Midwest Whitetail crew uses as it keeps them safe for every hunt.
Tree Stand Safety Gear
In our tree stand safety guide, we go over the fine details of what your tree stand safety gear should be comprised of during the season. Click below to read the guide and make sure you are employing every critical piece of safety equipment you can!
Just to reiterate the facts presented in the tree stand safety guide, we have provided a tree stand safety gear list below.Having these items will ensure you make it home to your family after every single hunt.
Tree Stand Safety Harness
The first piece of tree stand safety gear you should concern yourself with is the main component the safety harness itself. Muddy has many hunting safety harnesses to choose from. The above safety harness is the Magnum.
- Rugged Tether Reduces Chances of Fall/Injury
- Padded Shoulders and Waist for Extra Comfort and Endurance During Long Sits
- Easy Cinch Adjustable Torso Straps
- Noiseless & Adjustable Leg Buckles; No Metal on Metal Contact
- CONSTRUCTION:Light Weight Padded Nylon;
- BUCKLES: Cam Leg buckles;
- INCLUDES EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO HUNT: Magnum Harness, Lineman’s Belt, Tree Strap, Suspension Relief Strap
- SIZE:One Size Fits Most;
- WEIGHT: 1.5 Lbs.;
- WEIGHT RATING:300 Lbs.
A Safe-Line featured in the video above is a piece of equipment that ties you to the tree. It truly is the most important piece of your hunting equipment as it keeps you safe from the ground in the tree at all times.
- A Unique System that Allows the User to Stay Attached to the Tree at all Times!
- Two Prusik Knots; Slides Easily Up and Down the Rope During Ascent and Decent and Stops You IMMEDIATELY Should a Fall Occur
- Prusik Knots made of Reflective Material that Enhance Daytime and Low-Light Visibility
- CONSTRUCTION: Braided Nylon; USE: Stay Safe from the Moment You Leave the Ground to the Time You Return!; Length: 30’;
- WEIGHT RATING: 300 Lbs.
Before you can hang and tie off a safe-line you need one other piece of equipment to ensure you are safe as you either use climbing tree stands or hang climbing sticks. A linesman’s rope will keep you tethered to the tree during these activities.
- Easy to Use, Quick-Clip Design
- Includes Prusik Knot + One-Handed Lockable Carabiner Combo
- CONSTRUCTION: Braided Nylon; USE: Safe Tree Climbing While Installing Treestand, Safe-Line, or any Other Elevated Hunting Equipment;
- WEIGHT RATING: 300 Lbs.